Venthayam / Fenugreek seeds Powder
Fenugreek seeds known as methi in Hindi, are very small seeds (dana) but have lots of
health benefits which are used for years as medicinal, therapeutic and
natural home remedies. It is cultivated once in a year belongs to the
Fabaceae family. Methi seeds are very familiar component used in various
Indian subcontinent dishes.
Botanical Name : Trigonella Foenum
English Name : Fenugreek
Tamil Name : வெந்தையம் / Venthayam
Hindi Name : मेथी दाना / Methi Dana
Malayalam Name : ഉലുവ / വെന്തിരം / Uluva / Venthiam
Telugu Name : మెంతులు / Menthulu
About Venthayam (Fenugreek seeds):-
Methi or Fenugreek Seeds are very small seeds (dana) but have lots of health benefits which are used for years as medicinal, therapeutic and natural home remedies. It is cultivated once in a year belongs to the Fabaceae family. Methi seeds are very familiar component used in various Indian subcontinent dishes. Methi seeds are greatly produced in many countries such as India, Iran, Spain, Argentina, Nepal, Egypt, Pakistan, Turkey, France, Bangladesh and Morocco. India is the largest producer of the fenugreek seeds in the world.
Internal Benefits of Venthayam (Fenugreek seeds):-
1. As per Ayurveda -It Lowers Cholesterol Fenugreek Seeds helps in reducing the body’s production of cholesterol, especially low-density lipo protein (LDL or bad cholesterol). The University of Michigan Health System discusses the relationship between Fenugreek Seeds and high cholesterol.
2.Herbal Medicine to Controls Diabetes and Lowers Blood Sugar Levels 4HO-Ile, an unusual amino acid, which is found only in Fenugreek Seeds, has possible anti-diabetic qualities, such as enhancing insulin secretion and increasing insulin sensitivity
3. One of Herbal Remedies to Aids Digestion For those suffering from stomach ailments, eating Fenugreek Seeds can be really helpful. As it is rich in fiber and antioxidants, it helps in flushing out harmful toxins from the body and thus, aids digestion. It is an effective treatment for gastritis and indigestion. It helps prevent constipation as well as digestive problems created by stomach ulcers.
4. Nattu Maruthuvam Natural Cure for Heartburn and Acid Reflux
Fenugreek Seeds is known to be an effective natural remedy for heartburn or acid
reflux because the mucilage in Fenugreek Seeds assist in soothing
gastrointestinal inflammation, and coats the stomach and intestinal
External Benefits of Venthayam (Fenugreek seeds):-
How to Consume Venthayam (Fenugreek seeds) Internally:-
1. Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
2. A two-week intake of fenugreek taken 30 minutes before two meals by
subjects with frequent heartburn, radically diminished heartburn
severity. You could sprinkle some fenugreek seeds over your stir fry or
throw them in your soup for that added crunch and better digestion.
How to Apply Venthayam (Fenugreek seeds) Externally:-
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.