Poolankilangu / Spiked Ginger Lily Powder
Ginger lily is a perennial attractive plant that reaches a height of up
to 6 feet (120 to 180 cm). It is a smallish hardy ginger with green
leaves measuring 30 cm or more. The flowers are large and beautiful, in
orange and white color.
Botanical Name : Hedychium Spicatum
English Name : Spiked Ginger Lily/ Erfume Ginger
Tamil Name : பூலங்கிழங்கு / Poolankilangu /seemai Kichchili Kizhangu
Hindi Name : कपूरकचरी संधरलिका / Kapurkachari Sandharlika
Malayalam Name : കച്ചോലം / Katcholam, Katchooram
Telugu Name : కచ్చురాలు / గంధ కచ్చురాలు / Kachuralu / Gandha Kachuralu
About Poolankilangu (Spiked Ginger Lily/ Erfume Ginger):-
Ginger Lily is a perennial attractive plant that reaches a height of up to 6 feet (120 to 180 cm). It is smallish hardy ginger with green leaves measuring 30 cm or more. The flowers are large and beautiful, in orange and white color. They have a heavy sweet fragrance and can grow in all conditions, from full sun to filtered shade. Some species of ginger lily are grown as ornamental plants. The plant is native to tropical Asia and the Himalayas.
Benefits of Poolankilangu (Spiked Ginger Lily/ Erfume Ginger):-
- Ginger Lily is also helpful in treating liver complaints, indigestion and poor circulation due to thickening of the blood.
- Ginger Lily is digestive, stomachic and vasodilator.
- It is used in treating nausea, halitosis, vomiting, diminished appetite, hiccups and local inflammation.
- The rootstock is carminative, emmenagogue, expectorant, stimulant, stomachic and tonic.
- The rhizomes of ginger lily are used in treating asthma and internal injuries.
- The rhizomes are powdered and used as an antiseptic agent and as a poultice for various aches and pains.
- Its rootstalk is used in treating bronchitis and alleviating pain.
- Skin care
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, the remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.