Karuvelam Pisin / Mesquite Tree Gum
Karuvelam called as mesquite tree in English grows to a height of up to 12 metres and has a trunk with a diameter of up to 1.2 metres. Its leaves are deciduous, bi-pinnate, light green, compounded with 12 to 20 leaflets. Flowers appear shortly after leaf development.
Botanical Name : Prosopis Juliflora
English Name : Mesquite Tree Gum / Arabic gum
Tamil Name : கருவேலம் பிசின் / Karuvelam Pisin
Hindi Name : बाबुल / कीकर / Babul, Kikar
Malayalam Name: കരിവേലം / കരുവേലും / Karivelan, Karuvelum
Telugu Name : నల్లతుమ్మ / తుమ్మ / తుమ / Nallatumma, Tumma, Tuma
About Karuvelam ( Mesquite Tree ):-
The mesquite tree grows to a height of up to 12 metres and has a trunk with a diameter of up to 1.2 metres. Its leaves are deciduous, bi-pinnate, light green, compounded with 12 to 20 leaflets. Flowers appear shortly after leaf development. The flowers are in 5–10 cm long green-yellow cylindrical spikes, which occur in clusters of 2 to 5 at the ends of branches. Pods are 20 to 30 cm long and contain between 10 and 30 seeds per pod. A mature plant can produce hundreds of thousands of seeds. Seeds remain viable for up to 10 years. The tree reproduces by way of seeds, not vegetatively. Seeds are spread by cattle and other animals that consume the seed pods and spread the seeds in their droppings
Internal Benefits of Karuvelam Pisin ( Mesquite Tree Gum ):-
- It used for Night fall, Leucorrhoea, Prameha.
- It cures Spermatorrhoea, loss of viscidity of semen, frequent night discharges and premature ejaculation
External Benefits of Karuvelam Pisin ( Mesquite Tree Gum):-
1. Karuvelam for Tooth and gum related problems:
- It acts as strengthen the teeth and gum problems.
2. Karuvelam for mouth care:
- Antimicrobial action that causes reduction in oral problems
- Reduces plaque formation
- Reduces gingival inflammation (inflammation of the Gums)
- Causes alkalinity of saliva that is pH of saliva increases which helps in protecting teeth from cavities,decay
- Prevents cavities, gum swelling
3.Eye diseases :
- Eye infection
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.