Pachai Payaru / Mung Bean / Green Gram Powder
Pachai Payaru known as Mung beans are small green legumes. Mung beans are in the Legume
family of plants and are closely related to adzuki and cowpeas. Mung
(moong) beans are small, cylindrical beans with a bright green skin.
Mung beans are one of the most cherished foods in Ayurveda. In Ayurvedic cooking, they are used whole or, more commonly, split and
hulled. Split and hulled mung beans are small and yellow and called mung
(moong) dhal in India.
Botanical Name : Vigna Radiata
English Name : Mung Bean / Green Gram
Tamil Name : பாசிப் பயறு / Pachai Payaru
Hindi Name : बन उरद / मूंग दाल / Ban Urad / Moong Dal.
Malayalam Name: കട്ട് ഉളുണ്ട് / Kattu Uluntu
Telugu Name : పెసులు / Pesulu
About Pachai Payaru (Mung Bean / Green Gram):-
Mung beans are small green legumes. Mung beans are in the Legume family of
plants and are closely related to adzuki and cow peas. Mung (moong) beans are
small, cylindrical beans with a bright green skin. Mung beans are one of the
most cherished foods in Ayurveda. In Ayurvedic cooking it is a good Herbal Supplement too, they are used whole or,
more commonly, split and hulled. Split and hulled mung beans are small and
yellow and called mung (moong) dhal in India. They are very nourishing, while
being relatively easy to digest--they do not generally create abdominal gas or
bloating. According to modern nutrition, mung beans offer 14 gms of protein per
cooked cup. Mung beans are also a good source of dietary fiber. They also
contain thiamin, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and copper, and are a
good source of folate.
Internal Benefits of Pachai Payaru (Mung Bean / Green Gram):-
Seeds used for Appendicitis, paralysis, rheumatism, coughs, fevers and liver
ailments. Low in antinutritional factors, a good source of minerals, proteins,
provitamin A and vitamin B complex.
External Benefits of Pachai Payaru (Mung Bean / Green Gram):-
In Nattu Maruthuvam - Brightens the skin Green gram rejuvenates your skin by nourishing and exfoliating it. It removes the dead skin cells and brightens up the texture of the skin. It is rich in vitamins A and C that helps in giving a healthy glow to the skin.
- Deals with dry skin Topically applying moong dal is a great way to soothe that dry skin and retain its lost moisture. It is packed with cell rejuvenating vitamins and enzymes that help to lock in moisture into the skin.
- In Siddha Maruthuvam -Removes facial hair Moong dal helps to lighten your skin and helps you get rid of fine facial hairs. It has the ability to remove the excess hair from the face especially the mouth and Removes sun tan Green gram has natural bleaching properties which can help lighten the tan a great deal. It also has antiseptic properties along with being cooling and soothing that can heal your skin and keep it looking fresh and glowing.
- As one of Herbal Remedies, Prevents acne and pimples Moong dal helps prevents the pores of your skin from clogging up with oils or dirt. It will draw impurities from the skin and skin pores and leaves your skin looking fresh and young.
- Nattu Vaithiyam for Hair Growth: This pulse
promotes hair growth and also conditions the hair. It has essential fats,
minerals and vitamins which reduce hair breakage. The vitamin C and
antioxidants present in mung dal can also reverse hair loss.
How to Consume Pachai Payaru (Mung Bean / Green Gram) Internally:-
Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
For Appendicitis: Soak 200 gm Green Gram in 1 liter
water overnight. Drink this water 3 times a day.
How to Apply Pachai Payaru (Mung Bean / Green Gram) Externally:-
• Add 1 tsp raw honey and 1tsp almond oil to the paste.
• Apply this face pack evenly on your face.
• Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
• Apply this pack every alternate day to give a healthy glow to your skin.
For Dry skin
• Apply it all over your face and neck
• Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
• Follow this routine thrice a week to hydrate your skin.
Removes facial hair
• Add 2 tbsp sandalwood powder and 2tbsp orange peel powder to the paste.
• Now add some milk to make a fine paste.
• Apply it on your face and scrub your face in circular motions to scrape off the dry skin.
• Then wash it off with cold water.
• 2-3 applications of this pack will give visible results.
Removes sun tan
• Add 2 tbsp of yogurt to this mixture and apply it to the affected parts of your body.
• Let it settle for 10 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
• Use this every alternate day to get rid of the tan.
Prevents acne and pimples:.
• Add 2 tbsp of homemade ghee to the paste.
• Massage your skin in upward direction with this paste.
• Use this paste thrice a week to keep your skin free of acne and pimples.
Promotes hair growth :
• Combine 1 egg yolk and 1tbsp lemon juice to the paste.
• Also add ½ cup yogurt and mix all the ingredients well.
• Apply it on your hair and wash it after 2 hours with a mild shampoo.
• You can use this pack once a week for dense and thick hair.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.