Naval Kottai / Jamblang / Jambolan /Jamun Powder
A slow growing species, it can reach heights of up to 30 m and can live
more than 100 years. Its dense foliage provides shade and is grown just
for its ornamental value. At the base of the tree, the bark is rough and
dark grey, becoming lighter grey and smoother higher up.
Botanical Name : Eugenia Jambolana
English Name : Jamblang / Jambolan
Tamil Name : நாவல்கொட்டை / Naval Kottai
Hindi Name : जामुन / जाम्बुल / Jamun / Jambul
Malayalam Name: ഞാവൽ / Njaval
Telugu Name : నీరీడు/ నేరేడు చెట్టు / Neereedu / Neredu Chettu
About Naval Kottai (Jamblang/Jambolan/Jamun):-
A slow growing species, it can reach heights of up to 30 m and can live more than 100 years. Its dense foliage provides shade and is grown just for its ornamental value. At the base of the tree, the bark is rough and dark grey, becoming lighter grey and smoother higher up. Jamun trees start flowering from March to April. The flowers are fragrant and small, about 5 mm in diameter. The fruits develop by May or June and resemble large berries.The fruit is oblong, ovoid. Unripe fruit looks green. As it matures, its color changes to pink, then to shining crimson red and finally to black color.The seed of the fruit is used in various alternative healing systems like Ayurveda.
Internal Benefits of Naval Kottai (Jamblang/Jambolan/Jamun):-
1. Regulates blood sugar level: Jamun fruit is very good remedy for the people suffering from diabetes because of its anti-diabetic properties which helps keeping blood sugar level under control by converting starch and sugar into the energy. Another study showed that jamun seeds could lower blood sugar levels by 30%.
2. Good for diabetics: The low glycaemic index, in Jamun, makes it a good option for diabetics. A study conducted on the anti-diabetic effects of jamun, suggests that it holds significant potential to produce safer drugs for diabetes treatment. The fruit is associated with lowered risk of secondary complications of diabetes. The leaves, barks, and seeds are the most useful parts among which the seeds are popular for their anti diabetic properties.
3. Good for heart health: Jamun is loaded with nutrients like ellagic acid/ellagitannins, anthocyanins and anthocyanidins which has the anti-inflammatory property and these compounds are also powerful antioxidants that prevent oxidation of cholesterol and plaque formation that contributes to heart disease.
4. Acts as a Blood Purifier: Black Plum has adequate amount of iron and vitamin C. The presence of iron in the black plum is good to increase the hemoglobin count. The fruits iron content acts as blood purifying agent.
5. Improves Bone Strength: The fruit also has healthy amount of nutrients like calcium, iron, potassium and Vitamin C, which makes it great for boosting immunity and bone strength.
6. Treats Infections: The fruit as well as the other parts of the plant has compounds like malic acid, gallic acid, oxalic acid and tannins which makes the fruit as a anti-malarial, anti-bacterial, anti-infective and gastro protective properties.
7. Cures Digestive Disorders: Jamun has cooling property thus very beneficial for curing digestive disorders.
8. Fights Anemia: The fruit is rich in Iron content and daily eating of this fruit, cures anemia and jaundice and also good for ladies who suffers for menstrual problems.
9. Increases Immunity:
Its high level of vitamin C availability makes body immunity system
strong to fight with common seasonal problems.
External Benefits of Naval Kottai (Jamblang/Jambolan/Jamun):-
How to Consume Naval Kottai (Jamblang/Jambolan/Jamun) Internally:-
Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Naval Kottai (Jamblang/Jambolan/Jamun) Externally:-
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.