Pirandai uppu / Veldt Grape Salt
Veldt Grape reaches a height of 1.5 m and has quadrangular-sectioned branches with internodes 8 to 10 cm long and 1.2 to 1.5 cm wide. Along each angle is a leathery edge. Toothed trilobe leaves 2 to 5 cm wide appear at the nodes. Each has a tendril emerging from the opposite side of the node. Racemes of small white, yellowish, or greenish flowers. Pirandai has multiple health benefits.
English Name : Veldt Grape salt
Tamil Name : பிரண்டை / Pirandai
Hindi Name : हड़जोड़ / हड़जोरा / जंगली-अंगूर / Hadjod, Hadjora, Jangli-angoor
Malayalam Name : കാണാളംപരന്ത് / Cannalamparanta
Telugu Name : గుడమేటిగే / కొక్కిరాయా-రాలు / gudametige, Kokkitaya-ralu
Pirandai is a creeper that has wonderful medicinal uses and health benefits. It is called Adamant Creeper | Devils Back Bone | Veldt Grape in English and its botanical name is Cissus quadrangularris. Cissus quadrangularis reaches a height of 1.5 m and has quadrangular-sectioned branches with internodes 8 to 10 cm long and 1.2 to 1.5 cm wide. Along each angle is a leathery edge. Toothed trilobe leaves 2 to 5 cm wide appear at the nodes. Each has a tendril emerging from the opposite side of the node. Racemes of small white, yellowish, or greenish flowers. Pirandi has multiple health benefits.
Health Benefits of Pirandai Uppu (Veldt Grape Salt):-
- Pirandai for Gastritis, Indigestion & Lack of Appetite:Pirandai treats all digestion related problems like gastritis, indigestion and lack of appetite.
- Pirandai for Sprains: Pirandai salt is very good for treating sprains and swollen joints (suluku in Tamil). It is a best home remedy that many people in the village use often for minor injuries, as it heals the minor sprains and fractures very fast.
- Pirandai for Bleeding Piles & Deworming: This treatment for bleeding piles has to do continuously for at least 7 to 10 days to see results.
- Pirandai for Cardiac Problems: Pirandai acts good to control blood Pressure, heart diseases, Fat increase,
- Pirandai for Women care: It is a best medicine to resolve Gynecological problems. menstrual problems and white discharge.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature; the remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out on our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as it’s been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Anyhow you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.