Koyya ilai / Guava Leaves Powder
Guava, Psidium guajava, is an evergreen shrub or small tree in the
family Myrtaceae grown for its edible fruits. Guava has a slender trunk
with smooth green to red-brown bark.
Botanical Name : Psidium Guajava
English Name : Guava Leaves
Tamil Name : கொய்யா இலை, சிகப்பு கொய்யா / Koyya ilai , Segappu koyyaa
Hindi Name : अमरूद / Amrood
Malayalam Name: പേര / Pera
Telugu Name : గోయ -పండు / Goya-pandu
About Koyya ilai (Guava Leaves) :-
Guava, Psidium guajava, is an evergreen shrub or small tree in the family Myrtaceae grown for its edible fruits. Guava has a slender trunk with smooth green to red-brown bark. The trunk may be branched at the base and the branches droop low to the ground.The plant possesses oval or elliptical leaves which are smooth on the upper surface and hairy on the lower surface. Guava produces solitary white flowers and a berry fruit. The fruit is oval in shape and green to yellow in color. The flesh inside can be white, yellow, pink or red in color and contains numerous yellowish seeds. Guava can reach grow to 10 m (33 ft) in height and lives for approximately 40 years
Internal Benefits of Koyya ilai ( Guava Leaves ):-
• Diarrhea People suffering from diarrhea who drink guava leaf tea may experience less abdominal pain, fewer and less watery stools, and a quicker recovery.
• Lowers Cholesterol drank guava leaf tea had lower cholesterol levels after eight weeks.
• Manages Diabetes Guava leafs help with the prevention and treatment of diabetes. The compounds in the tea help regulate blood sugar levels after meals, by inhibiting the absorption of two types of sugars - sucrose and maltose. Guava leaf tea inhibits several different enzymes that convert carbohydrate in the digestive tract into glucose, potentially slowing its uptake into your blood.
• Promotes Weight Loss Guava leaves help prevent complex carbs from turning into sugars, promoting rapid weight loss.
• Heals Cold and Cough Guava leaves contain high levels of Vitamin C and iron, and a decoction of guava leaves is very helpful in relieving cough and cold as it helps get rid of mucus. It also disinfects the respiratory tract, throat and lungs.
• Reduces Acne Due to their high percentage of Vitamin C, guava leaves can help get rid of acne when crushed and applied to trouble spots.
• Improves Quality of Sleep Drinking guava leaf tea regularly helps improve quality of sleep. It calms your nerves and quietens your mind, making it easier to slip into slumber.
• Boosts Immunity guava leaf tea helps boost the immune system, thereby reducing the risk of various illnesses.
• Soothes Gastrointestinal Issues Guava leaves are useful in treating gastrointestinal issues because they reduce the production of extra mucus that can irritate the digestive system, and prevent further microbial growth in the intestines due to anti-bacterial properties.
• Promotes Heart Health Guava leaf tea may also benefit your heart and circulatory system.
• Good for Your Brain
Guava leaves contain vitamin B3 (niacin) and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine),
which help in improving blood circulation to the brain, stimulating
cognitive function and relaxing the nerves.
External Benefits of Koyya ilai ( Guava Leaves ):-
• Improves Skin Texture Guavas have high astringent properties, and guava leaves rank even higher.
• Prevents Hair Loss Guava leaves treats Prevents Hair Loss
• Beats Toothache
Guava leaf tea works as a fantastic home remedy for toothache, swollen
gums and oral ulcers due to the powerful antibacterial agents.
How to Consume Koyya ilai ( Guava Leaves ) Internally:-
Morning - Mix 5 gms
of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the
water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the
same for Evening Dosage after dinner
How to Apply Koyya ilai ( Guava Leaves ) Externally:-
• Improves Skin Texture: Apply a decoction of the leaves on your skin to help tone and tighten facial muscles.
• Prevents Hair Loss Guava leaves can be boiled and massaged onto the scalp. Note: Make sure the water is cool before applying it to the scalp.
• Beats Toothache
You can also grind the leaves into a paste and apply it to your gums and teeth to cure these problems.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.