Karpooravalli / Ajwain Leaf Powder
Karpooravalli is a Tender, Fleshy Plant with an Oregano like Flavour
that has Amazing Health Benefits and Medicinal Uses. Its Botanical Name
is Plectranthus Amboinicus.
Botanical Name : Coleus Aromaticos
English Name : Ajwain Leaf
Tamil Name : கற்பூரவல்லி / Karpooravalli
Hindi Name : पथरचूर / Patherchur
Malayalam Name : പനിക്കൂർക്ക / Panikoorka
Telugu Name : వాము ఆకూ / Vaamu Aku
About Karpooravalli (Ajwain Leaf):-
Karpooravalli is a Tender, Fleshy Plant with an oregano like flavor that has amazing health benefits and medicinal uses. Its botanical name is Plectranthus Amboinicus. One can easily grow these plants in pots, as it doesn 't require much maintenance. But this plant cant be grown indoors, as it needs plenty of sunlight.
Internal Benefits of Karpooravalli (Ajwain Leaf):-
karpooravalli for cold and cough: This is one home remedy that we resort to first when we get a cold and cough, Karpooravalli is also used in the treatment of hiccups, mouth ulcers, skin infections, colic asthma and indigestion.
External Benefits of Karpooravalli (Ajwain Leaf):-
1. Karpooravalli for Infants and babies: It is very effective in removing the chest congestion in babies.
2. Karpooravalli for headache: It is a very good home remedy for headache.
3. Homemade mosquito repellent:It is a natural mosquito repellent and
the leaves can also can be carried if you are going camping to ward of
How to consume Karpooravalli (Ajwain Leaf) Internally:-
Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few
minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it
before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Karpooravalli (Ajwain Leaf) Externally:-
1. Karpooravalli for Infants and babies: The vapor inhaled by boiling the leaves in water is very effective in removing the chest congestion in babies, you can also apply the juice on the chest.
2. Karpooravalli for headache: The juice of the leaves when applied on the fore head is a very good home remedy for headache, this is a very popular home remedy in Tamil Nadu
3. Homemade mosquito repellent: The juice got by bruising the leaves when applied on the skin acts as a natural mosquito repellent and the leaves can also can be carried if you are going camping to ward of mosquitoes
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature; remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.