Kal Chatti - 1 Ltr
Kalchatti is cooking vessels carved out of soapstone, A naturally made soft stone. Thick walled and heavy, they ensure slow and safe cooking. Since they are porous, heat and moisture circulate within the pot while cooking, Thereby enhancing the flavors. Traditionally used on wood stoves, these can be used on the modern gas stove also. Kalchatti can be used to prepare gravies, but can 't preapare dry preparations or sauteing. The color of Kalchatti may vary from grey(dull) to black(dark) since it 's already seasoned.
- 100% Eco-friendly product.
- Purely natural, Toxin-free kitchen utensil, in contrast to the Chemical, coated trendy utensils.
- Food things stewed within the stone pots style outstanding because they 're with chemicals inert and therefore don 't alter or modification the natural flavors of the ingredients and retain the initial aroma and taste of the food.
- All the things of food like curries, pulses, sambar, rasam, vegetables will be cooked.
- It 's a hand carved stone product, Crafted by rural village Artisans/ Sculptors United Nations agency were concerned within the manufacturing of Stone wares three to five decades ago. each inch of these product are handcrafted without any machine help, therefore the dimensions are mentioned in approx however assure mentioned volume.
Benefits of the Product:
- Heat is evenly observed thus it retains healthy anti-oxidants of the food which used to counteract the deterioration of stored food.
- Heat is steadily dispersed into the utensil and uniformly transferred into food items, so nutrients of the food is preserved whereas it is destructed in modern cooking utensils.
- Retains heat for a long time even after the flame is stopped, so no need of additional heating often required.
- Since the retention of the Anti-Oxidant level is high, no wonder you can keep the food for a long time in the same stoneware, No more worries of stuffing the food in your freezer.
Benefits of Kalchatti:-
They Are Great Insulators:
Anything you cook in soapstone retains its heat for much longer than food cooked in others. This is why soapstone vessels are used for preparing sambar, stews and other dishes that need to be cooked slowly over a gentle fire for a longer time. Soapstone retains the heat and also the flavour of the food cooked in it.
Soapstone Is Versatile:-
Due to its soapy texture, food doesn’t stick to soapstone vessels which refers you can avoid the usual scrubbing efforts in the kitchen. Bring your soapstone vessel to normal room temperature before cleaning, and just gently wash it with detergent and a sponge in tepid water. Wipe it with a soft cloth later, and condition it with a little oil in case of a new vessel.
Soapstone is Easy to Clean:-
The beauty of soapstone is that it can be used directly over coals, over flames, over fire and also on toaster grills and in the oven. You can cook with them over various mediums without worrying that they’ll melt or break.
Soapstone Saves Energy and Fuel:-
Due to the fact that soapstone retains heat very well, you don’t need to cook your sambars and steves and aviyals till they’re done. Just turn the stove off a few minutes before your food is done, and your soapstone vessel will continue to boil and bubble then continue to cook the food, that will save you a great deal of fuel and energy. Buy Soapstone Vessels online.
Food Stays Edible & Fresh Even Without Refrigeration:-
Soapstone Cookeware is porous so that once your food cools, The soapstone cookeware keeps it cooler still by letting the cool air in through its pores. This makes refrigeration unnecessary unless it’s peak summer and it’s humid and hot everywhere. In normal temperatures, you can just store your food in your kalchatti and it’ll remain in good state even after several hours. If you’re interested, check out our kalchatti is traditionally handcrafted by our rural artisans.
We have followed the given process for seasoning:
Week 1: Fill the vessel with starch water (Water used for washing rice before cooking) every day and set it nearby.
Week 2: Fill starch water in vessel and slowly heat it up in the stove in very low flame. Continue this process at least once every day.
Week 3-4:Start with cooking vegetables in light flame.
Week 5: Regular use low flame for cooking curries and gravies.
How to use kalchatti:
Week 1: Fill the kalchatti with starch water (Excess water while cooking rice, In case if you use pressure cooker, use water used for washing rice before cooking) every day and set it ready
Week 2: Fill starch water in kalchatti and slowly heat it in low flame. Continue this process once in every day of the week
Week 3-4: Begin the process with low flame
Week 5: Use regularly in low/high flame. Now the kalchatti is ready to be used for making mouth watering Sambar, Vatha Kolumbu, Avial, Mor Kozhambu, Fish Curry etc.
Steps / Cautions before Using:
- Many Decades ago, Our ancestors used to habituate the stone for cooking through a state of art procedure which is briefed below;-
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder in castor oil, or any oil and apply throughout the surface of the utensil at top and bottom and keep that ideal for 24 hrs
- For habituating the utensil, You need Rice gruel or Rice starch water or rice flour mixed water, You can better prefer the first two for best results. Further, the content will be called as a mixture
- At 2nd Day, Heat the mixture and Pour it in a vessel till neck and keep it for 24 hours
- The third day, either you can repeat the second-day procedure with the fresh mixture, or heat the same mixture in another utensil and pour it in stoneware.
- 4th, 5th, and 6th-day same procedure to be repeated.
- On 7th Day, If the rice cooked kanji poured on the surface is remains nonstick, then your vessel is ready to go for regular usage
- Once the Process is completed, Stoneware’s will have a natural non-stick surface. You can cook food with little to no oil, without using coated non-stick pans that chip and fleck away. This simple seasoning process that improves the surface, and increases the life of the Stoneware.
- Perfectly habituated utensil can be used for many years.
Method of usage:
It can be placed on regular Gas burner flames
Once the utensil gained heat, always put the flame ( Heat input ) in low level until the end of cooking.
It can be washed like regular vessels with preferred soap and scrubs
For making Sambar,Kolombu, Rasam, veggies etc
Kal Chatti – 1 Ltrs
Dimensions (Diameter * Height)
Approx 4-6 * 3.5-6 inches
Tolerance in Volume
+/- 100 ml
Name of the Stone
Country of Manufacture