Vazhaipoo / Banana Flower Powder
Banana flower is large which grows from the end of the bunch of bananas
and has a dark purple red blossom. The small flowers would be found on
the inside part which would turn into the banana.
Botanical Name : Musa Acuminata
English Name : Banana Flower
Tamil Name :வாழைப்பூ / Vazhaipoo
Hindi Name : केले-का-फूल / kele-ka-phool
Malayalam Name: വാഴപ്പൂ / കുടപ്പൻ / Vazhapoo / Kudappan
Telugu Name : అరటి పువ్వు / Arati Puvvu
About Vazhaipoo(Banana Flower):-
Banana flower is large which grows from the end of the bunch of bananas and has a dark purple red blossom. The small flowers would be found on the inside part which would turn into the banana. It is starchy and bitter in taste. It is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin A and can reduce the pains. It is included in the diet as the vegetable. The hard husk is found outside of the mature flower.
Internal Benefits of Vazhaipoo(Banana Flower):-
• Blood pressure: The flavor of Vazhaipoo is a little bitter and this bitter taste of increases the blood level in the body.
• Menstrual problems & weight loss:Banana flower is one of the best home remedy for excessive bleeding in women as it helps increase progesterone in the body
• Diabetics: it is a good idea for diabetics to include banana flowers in their diet as often as they can.
• Diet during your pregnancy : Banana stem is high in fiber and it prevents constipation during pregnancy. This homemade banana flower pancakes is a delicious way to consume banana flower during pregnancy
• Lactating mothers : Banana flowers are amazing for lactating mothers
as it helps increase the breast milk supply. As you can see banana
flowers are a real boon to women of all ages: it treats excessive
bleeding, keeps the uterus healthy, prevents constipation during
pregnancy and improves lactation, so please try including banana flower
in your diet.
External Benefits of Vazhaipoo(Banana Flower):-
How to consume Vazhaipoo(Banana Flower)Internally:-
Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Vazhaipoo(Banana Flower)Externally:-
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.