Athimauthuram / Liquorice Dried ( Raw )
In Ayurvedha - Athimathuram or scientifically called as Glycyrrhiza glabra or Glyceria
Glabra is a cultivated Liquorice plant hailed for its medicinal
properties. It is commonly called as Sweetwood. Much of the sweetness in
Liquorice comes from glycyrrhizin, a compound 30 to 50 times sweeter
than sugar and also has pharmaceutical effects. Leaves of the plant are known for its medicinal value in treating scalds and bad
Botanical Name : Glycyrrhiza Glabra
English Name : Liquorice
Tamil Name : அதிமதுரம் / Athimauthuram
Hindi Name : मुलेठी / जेठीमधु / Mulethi, Jethimadhu
Malayalam Name: ഇരട്ടി മധുരം / Earatti Maduram
Telugu Name : యష్టిమధుకం / అతిమధురం / ఇరాత్తిమధురం / Yashtimadhukam / Atimadhuram / Irattimadhuram
About Athimauthuram (Liquorice):-
Athimathuram or scientifically called
as Glycyrrhiza glabra or Glyceria Glabra is a cultivated Liquorice
plant hailed for its medicinal properties. It is commonly called as
sweetwood.Much of the sweetness in Liquorice comes from glycyrrhizin, a
compound 30 to 50 times sweeter than sugar and also has pharmaceutical
effects.Leaves of the plant are known for its medicinal value in
treating scalds and bad perspiration.
Internal Benefits of Athimauthuram (Liquorice):-
1. As a Siddha Medicine for Digestion- Licorice root has been used for centuries to treat various ailments that involves digestive tract, as it helps to protect the stomach lining.
2.As Ayurveda Medicine for Cough- Licorice tea is amazing home remedy for cough and since it is sweet by itself, it is easier to make the children drink it.
3. Patti Vaithiyam for Menstrual cramps- It also relieves menstrual cramps as it has antispasmodic and anti inflammatory proprieties.
4. Tamil Maruthuvam for Constipation- It is also a laxative and can relieve a person, who suffers from constipation. Take this tea daily for 2 to 3 days to get good relief from constipation.
5. Herbal remedy for Arthritis- Licorice has anti inflammatory properties, so it may help people who are suffering from arthritis.
6. Natural Blood purifier: Blood purification and more – Licorice or Liquorice is
known for its blood cleansing properties & used for blood
External Benefits of Athimauthuram (Liquorice):-
How to Consume Athimauthuram (Liquorice) Internally:-
Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for
few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it
before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Athimauthuram (Liquorice) Externally:-
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.