Botanical Name : Withania Somnifera
English Name : Winter Cherry, Indian Ginseng
Tamil Name : அஸ்வகந்தா /அமுக்கராம்கிழங்கு
Hindi Name : असगंध / Asgandh
Malayalam Name : അമുക്കുരം / Amukkuram
Telugu Name : అశ్వగంధి / పెన్నేరు / పెన్నెరుగడ్డ / దోంమడోలు / Paneru / Penneru / Vajigandha / Aswagandha
About Ashwagandha (Winter Cherry / Indian Ginseng):-
In Ayurveda, Ashwagandha plays a major role. Ashwagandha plant is a stout shrub that grows up to 5 to 6 feet and it bears red fruits. One herb that has been increasingly garnering a lot of attention all over the world is ashwagandha, also called Indian Ginseng. The synonym actually gives a clue to this herb’s biological actions. It is actually a natural wonder in bringing back the lost health and vigor. It is famous all over India and it is used extensively in Unani and Ayurvedic medicines.
Internal Benefits of Ashwagandha (Winter Cherry / Indian Ginseng):-
- It helps to reduce the level of stress and tension.
- It improves energy levels.
- It supports better sleep.
- It helps to lower blood pressure and is highly effective in stopping the formation of stress-induced ulcers.
- It increases hemoglobin (red blood count) and hair melanin.
- It stabilizes blood sugar and lowers cholesterol.
- Ashwagandha is anabolic in effect and is mainly considered to help in weight gain.
- It may help in weight loss when used in combination with other weight loss enhancing supplements in stress-related weight gain. When a person is stressed more Cortisol hormone is produced by the adrenal glands. Cortisol stimulates glucose production and triggers a hunger response in the brain. Ashwagandha can naturally lower cortisol levels by up to 26%. It also helps to lose weight by reducing swelling in the body and improving hemoglobin levels.
- It is useful for any imbalance in the muscles as it reduces inflammation and strengthens muscles. It is a specific Rasayana for Mamsa Dhatu and an anabolic muscle builder. As it benefits all muscle tissue it is used as a heart tonic, uterine tonic, and lung tonic.
- It improves body immunity and strengthens the body's defense system. This makes this herb suitable for treating Auto-immune conditions such as neutropenia, rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, cancer, and chronic connective tissue disorders.
- It gives good results in nerves-related conditions such as Multiple sclerosis, Neurosis, insomnia, anxiety, and stress.
- It is used to enhance memory and lesson age-related cognitive deficits.
- It may help prevent tolerance and dependence on morphine.
- It although acts as a sedative has got no depressant action on the heart at the same time.
Benefits for Men:
- For males, Ashwagandha promotes sexual health by uplifting the mood, reducing anxiety, improving energy levels and fertility, thus supporting sexual performance.
- It has a direct spermatogenic effect and helps to improve sperm count.
- It helps to alleviate asthenospermia (increasing sperm motility), oligospermia (increasing sperm count), and other sperm disorders.
- It exerts a testosterone-like effect influencing the seminiferous tubules.
- It promotes better sexual performance.
- It reduces impotence and promotes potency.
Benefits for Women:
- It contains phytoestrogen.
- It gives relief in menstrual imbalance accompanied by excessive Vata and Kapha.
- It has a galactagogue effect and stimulates the secretion of breast milk in lactating mothers.
- It gives strength and cures debility when consumed post-delivery.
- It supports the female reproductive system and increases ovarian weight and folliculogenesis.
External Benefits of Ashwagandha (Winter Cherry / Indian Ginseng):-
How to Consume Ashwagandha (Winter Cherry / Indian Ginseng) Internally:-
Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for a few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
Mix ½ teaspoon of ashwagandha powder in a glass of warm milk and drink it twice per day.
How to Apply Ashwagandha (Winter Cherry / Indian Ginseng) Externally:-
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, the remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out on our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine-tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Anyhow you are requested to consult your doctor before use.
அஸ்வகந்தா மருத்துவ பலன்கள்:
- உடலுக்கு புதிய வலிமையை அளிக்கும்,
- ஆண்மை குறைவு,
- நரம்புத் தளர்ச்சி