Botanical Name : Withania Somnifera
English Name : Winter Cherry
Tamil Name : அமுக்கரா / அமுக்கரா கிழங்கு / அஸ்வகந்தா / Amukura / Amukkara Kizhangu / Ammukuram / Aswagandha
Hindi Name : असगंध / कनज़े /पुन्नीर/असगांठ / asgandh / Kanaje //punnir /asgantha
Malayalam Name : അമുക്കുര / അമുക്കറ കിഴങ്ങു / Amukura / Amukkara Kizhangu
Telugu Name : పనేరు / పెన్నేరు / వాజిగంధ / అశ్వగంధ / Paneru / Penneru / Vajigandha / Aswagandha
About Amukura (Winter Cherry / Indian Ginseng):-
In Ayurveda, Ashwagandha plays a major role. Ashwagandha plant is a stout shrub that grows up to 5 to 6 feet and it bears red fruits. One herb that has been increasingly garnering a lot of attention all over the world is ashwagandha, also called Indian Ginseng. The synonym actually gives a clue to this herb’s biological actions. It is actually a natural wonder in bringing back the lost health and vigor. It is famous all over India and it is used extensively in Unani and Ayurvedic medicines.
Internal Benefits of Amukura (Winter Cherry / Indian Ginseng):
1. In Nattu Maruthuvam it Relieves Stress: Amukkara is highly beneficial in reducing stress as well as its side effects. People suffering from stress who took Amukkara had lower levels of cortisol (stress hormones). Amukkara can help both acute and chronic stress. It works as a tonic and helps your body adapt to stress, as well as strengthens the nervous system and the adrenals. Plus, it refreshes the body and mind and improves the quality of sleep.
2. As per Ayurvedic - it Stimulates Brain Power: There are several chemicals in Amukkara that help improve the production of acetylcholine, the main transmitter of neural signals. This improves cognitive abilities including thinking, concentration, and memory. It can even stimulate the growth of parts of the neural cells that have already been damaged and thus help reduce the risk of age-related mental illnesses like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases.
3. As per Siddha Maruthuvam it Improves Immunity: Another important health benefit of Amukkara is that it helps boost the immune system. Being high in antioxidants, it helps increase white blood cell production and improve the functioning of the immune system. This ensures better overall health and reduces the chances of getting sick more frequently. Plus, Amukkara can give you more energy when you feel weak and aid in recovery after illness. Drinking 1 cup of Amukkara tea regularly will keep your immune system strong.
Note: Amukkara tea is not recommended for those who have high blood pressure.
4. As a Herbal Medicine it Fights Depression: Amukkara has stress-relieving and antidepressant properties that are more effective than powerful drugs used to treat depression and anxiety.
5. As a Herbal Medicine for Impotency it Works as a Natural Aphrodisiac: Amukkara works as a powerful aphrodisiac. This herb can increase sperm count, Boosting stamina and energy, including sexual energy.
6. As per Patti vaithiyam, Refreshing the body and mind
7. As a Strong Siddha Medicine Soothing the nervous system
8. As a Herbal Remedy for Sleep Disorders it is Improving the quality of sleep
External Benefits of Amukura (Winter Cherry / Indian Ginseng):-
How to Consume Amukura (Winter Cherry / Indian Ginseng) Internally:-
Morning - Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for a few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
Mix ½ teaspoon of amukkara powder in a glass of warm milk and drink it twice per day.
How to Apply Amukura (Winter Cherry / Indian Ginseng) Externally:-
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, the remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out on our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine-tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Anyhow you are requested to consult your doctor before use.
அமுக்கராகிழங்கு மருத்துவ பயன்கள்:
- உடல் எடை அதிகரிக்க,
- உடல் அசதி,
- நரம்பு தளர்ச்சி