Botanical Name : Indigofera Tinctoria
English Name : Indian Indigo
Tamil Name : நீலி அவுரி / Neeli Avuri
Hindi Name : नीलिनी ,नीला / Neelini,Neela
Malayalam Name : നീല അമേരി ,നീലയമാരി / Neela Amari , Neelayamari
Telugu Name : నీలి చెట్టు / Neeli Chettu
About Neeli Avuri (Indian Indigo):-
Indigo is a small shrub that grows about 1 to 2 meters high and produces beautiful pink flowers. The Indigo plant has wonderful medicinal uses and all parts of the plant are used for medicinal purposes. The leaves produce dark blue dye and when applied as a hair dye and give dark black color. Though indigo is known mainly as a natural dye, it has other amazing hair benefits too. Indigo is mainly used in the form of hair oil for stimulating hair growth and in the form of a pack for dyeing the hair. For dyeing, it is applied after henna.
Internal Benefits of Neeli Avuri ( Indian Indigo ):-
External Benefits of Neeli Avuri ( Indian Indigo ):-
- Indigo Powder for Premature Graying of the Hair: Indigo leaf is an amazing home remedy for treating premature graying of the hair. Regular use of indigo leaves powder will reverse and prevent graying of the hair.
- Indigo Powder for Hair Growth: Indigo hair oil made with leaves is amazing for hair growth. It prevents scalp infections and stimulates new hair growth when used regularly.
- Indigo Powder for Dandruff: The indigo leaves powder is also a very good remedy for dandruff. It reduces dandruff greatly and if used from a young age, it will greatly prevent dandruff.
- Indigo Powder Hair Dye: One main hair benefit of indigo is that it acts as a natural hair dye it is one of nature’s gifts considering the side effects of chemical hair dyes which range from increased sensitivity to skin allergies.
- Indigo Powder for Dry Hair: Indigo hair oil is one of the best conditioners that soften your hair really well.
How to Consume Neeli Avuri ( Indian Indigo ):- Internally:-
- Not Recommended for Internal consumption
How to Apply Neeli Avuri ( Indian Indigo ):- Externally:-
- The mixer of Indigo Powder, Bhringraj leaves to powder, and Amla powder will get good results as a natural hair dye. (Or) Henna & Neeli avuri mixer is also used as a natural Hair dye.
- When using indigo powder as a hair dye, try to mix it with warm water, not hot water. Wash it in 15 minutes.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, the remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out on our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine-tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Anyhow you are requested to consult your doctor before use.
நீலி அவுரி மருத்துவ பயன்கள்:
- தலை முடியைக் கருப்பாக்கும்
- தோல் நோய்கள் குணமாக
- விஷ முறிவு
- தீப்புண் குணமடைய
- மஞ்சள் காமாலை குணப்படுத்தும்