Kalpasi / Stone flower Dried (Raw)
Stone flower is a small plant growing in between the rocks, tree trunks and land through-out the hilly regions of Himalaya and North east India. The outer covering of the plant is greenish black with white color inside. The thallus measures up to 15cm in diameter
Botanical Name : parmelia perlata
English Name : Stone flower
Tamil Name : கல்பாசி / Kalpasi
Hindi Name : पत्थर फूल / Pathar Phool
Malayalam Name : കൽപസി / Kalpasi
Telugu Name : రతి పూవు / Rati puvu
About Kalpasi (Stone flower):
Stone flower is a small plant growing in between the rocks, tree trunks and land through-out the hilly regions of Himalaya and North east India. The outer covering of the plant is greenish black with white color inside. The thallus measures up to 15cm in diameter; loosely attached to the substratum only. It is orbicular, grayish white, smooth on upper surface. Lower surface is blackish brown and hairy.
Health Benefit of Kalpasi (Stone flower):
- The paste of Shaileya is applied over forehead to subside headache and over area affected with skin disease like itching with watery discharge, pigmentation of skin etc.
- The freshly collected Shaileya is grounded and the paste is applied over wound as part of treatment.
- The cold infusion prepared from Parmelia perlata is given in a dose of 40-50 ml to treat diarrhea, thirst and anorexia.
- The dried powder of the herb is mixed with cow’s urine or hot water and applied over area with swelling as part of treatment.
- The dried powder of Parmelia perlata is mixed with honey and given to treat cough and asthma.
- The decoction of Shaileya is given in a dose of 50-60 ml mixed with cumin powder and sugar candy, to treat renal calculi and burning micturition.
- Cold infusion of the herb is given in a dose of 40-50 ml to treat fever and burning sensation of the body.
- The cold infusion of the herb is consumed to improve the strength of cardiac muscles.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature, remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.