Boondi Kottai / Soapnut Dried ( Raw )
Soapnut is a large tree, growing up to 25 m tall. Leaves are compound,
15-30 cm long. Leaflets are nearly stalkless, 2-3 pairs, 8-18 cm long, 5-7.5 cm
broad, elliptic-lanceshaped, smooth, pointed tipped, base slightly oblique,
terminal pair longest.
: Sapindus trifoliatus
English Name : Soapnut
கொட்டை / Boondi Kottai
Hindi Name : फेनिल, रिष्ट ,रिष्टक / phenil, risht, rishtak
Malayalam Name : ചവക്കായ് ,പശക്കൊട്ടമരം , ഉറുവഞ്ചി / cavakkaay, uruvanchi
Telugu Name : కుంకుడుచెట్టు ,ఫేనిలము / kunkuduchettu, phenilamu
About Boondi Kottai (South India Soapnut):-
Soapnut is a
large tree, growing up to 25 m tall. Leaves are compound, 15-30 cm long.
Leaflets are nearly stalkless, 2-3 pairs, 8-18 cm long, 5-7.5 cm broad,
elliptic-lanceshaped, smooth, pointed tipped, base slightly oblique, terminal
pair longest. Flowers are greenish-white, in terminal, slightly velvety
panicles. Flower stalks are 3 mm long, velvety. Sepals are 5, slightly fused at
the base, 4-5 mm long, ovate-oblong, velvety. Petals are 5, free, 5-6 mm long,
lance-shaped to ovate, clawed, bristly. Disc is 5-lobed. Stamens are 8, free,
filaments 2-3 mm long.
Benefits of Boondi Kottai (South India Soapnut):-
- It can be used as a substitute for soap. It shows very cool and vital effect on the skin from the very first day of use.
- It helps in making the skin soft and also in preventing the skin from getting dry.
- Soapnuts also helps the skin to get rid of pimples and blackheads.Thus giving way to a shinier face complexion.
- Soapnuts are allergy free, and hence are very good for the skin especially when the skin is sensitive.
- Soapnuts are very natural and good for babies.
- Soapnuts are for treating a number of skin problems like psoriasis, eczema and also to remove freckles.
- It is the traditional method used since ancient time thus greatly reduces the falling of hair.
- It makes the hair smooth after every wash, giving it a more stunning and shiny look.
- Soapnuts are actually acting as conditioner and promote hair growth, Protecting the hair from all the fizziness and dryness, and helps in completely avoiding the dull hair look.
- Soapnuts are having anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which keep infections at bay.
Helps for anti-smoking habit:
- Soapnuts are even given to regular smokers, as they help in giving them less craving for tobacco and related products. This product is also used to treat migraine and extra salivation problems.
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature; remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.