Akroot Kilangu / Walnut Dried (Raw)
is a large, deciduous tree attaining heights of 25-35 m, and a trunk up to 2 m
diameter, commonly with a short trunk and broad crown, though taller and
narrower in dense forest areas. The bark is smooth, olive-brown when
young and silvery-grey on older branches, and features scattered broad fissures
with a rougher texture.
Botanical Name : Juglans regia
English Name : Walnut
Tamil Name : அக்ரூட் கிழங்கு / Akroot Kilangu
Hindi Name : अखरोट Akhrot
About Akroot Kilangu (Walnut):-
Walnut is a large, deciduous tree attaining heights of 25-35
m, and a trunk up to 2 m diameter, commonly with a short trunk and broad crown,
though taller and narrower in dense forest competition. The bark is smooth,
olive-brown when young and silvery-grey on older branches, and features
scattered broad fissures with a rougher texture. The male flowers are in
drooping catkins 5-10 cm long, and the female flowers are at branch-ends, in
clusters of two to five, ripening in the autumn into a fruit with a green,
semi-fleshy husk and a brown, corrugated nut. The whole fruit, including the
husk, falls in autumn; the seed is large, with a relatively thin shell, and
edible, with a rich flavour.
Benefits Akroot Kilangu (Walnut):-
- Heart Benefit of Akroot Kilangu
- Due to the high levels of omega-3 fatty acids in the walnuts, they are very beneficial to the cardiovascular system.
- Immunity Booster of Akroot
- Walnuts have high amounts of antioxidants in them that keep your immune system healthy and prevent the onset of diseases.
- Akroot for Inflammatory Diseases
- Those with inflammatory diseases like asthma, arthritis and eczema can benefit from walnuts as they have high amounts of fatty acid in them
- Akroot for Sleep & Stress
- Walnuts have melatonin, and this compound is said to be associated with better sleep patterns
Procurement & Agriculture Method:
90% of Our Herbs are Wild crops and 100% organic by nature; remaining 10% are organically grown, dried, and pulverized with no chemical or preservatives.
The Consumption details and benefits listed out in our website are taken from Tamil ancient books and Siddha records, as well as its been further fine tuned by our Siddha Doctors Team. Any how you are requested to consult your Doctor before use.